Welcome to Highflyers.london. Please read our terms and conditions carefully as they set out the terms on which you may use highflyers.london and the legal agreement between us. This could be as a registered user; Candidate, Employer or as unregistered user. These terms will apply to you, if you use this site in anyway. If you do not agree to and accept these terms and conditions, then please do not use our site.
Highflyers.london is a recruitment platform that provides a recruitment service for the top end of financial services industry. We do this by providing an opportunity to pitch for the very best candidates in the industry.
Highflyers is a digital platform where top financial services companies can access a highly curated pool of highly qualified and experienced financial services professionals actively looking for a career move, halving time and cost of hiring.
2. Highflyers.london and Users
Highflyers.london (‘HIGHFLYERS’, ‘HIGHFLYERS.LONDON’, ‘WE’ ‘US’ AND ‘OUR’) refers to our company, website and service and is operated by Netberg Ltd t/a Highfleyrs, WW4, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London E1 8FA. Netberg Ltd is a UK registered Limited Company, under Company number. 8477606, registered in England and Wales and VAT registration number. GB 179 5547 54.
‘Candidate’ within these terms and conditions means anyone who is using our site for the purpose of seeking to engage on the ‘go live’ program and seeking employment opportunities through this program.
‘Employer’ means the company or individual seeking to recruit candidate(s) via our platform/site.
‘Go live program’ means the process by which groups of candidate profiles are placed live online for ‘offer’ to prospective employers.
The go live program itself, does not create any binding offers or acceptances (‘a contract’) or promise of employment, and merely allows each interested party to engage with each other to discuss a recruitment/employment.
3. Use of highflyers.london
- By registering or otherwise accessing this site, you have temporary consent of access to this site. We have the right to bring down the site or temporarily remove the site and we will not be legally responsible in any way to you or any user for having done so.
- All identification codes, passwords and other security information must be treated by you as strictly confidential at all times. We retain the right to disable your account and security information in the event that we consider that your access or security information has been compromised or you have failed to keep it secure. We have no responsibility for any loss/damage as a result of your failure to keep your account/access information secure.
- If you allow anyone else to use our site e.g. Colleague/ HR Manager/Co-Director for Employer Company, you must make sure that they read these terms first, and that they follow them.
- You must only use this site in accordance with these terms and conditions and our acceptable use policy. Please read and check our Acceptable Use Policy.
- We frequently update the site and make changes to it, but we don’t have to do this, and material on the site may be out-of-date. No material on the site is intended to contain advice, and you shouldn’t rely on it. We exclude all legal responsibility and costs for reliance placed on the site by anyone.
- Please note: We reserve the right to vary these Terms and conditions at any time and it is up to you to check that you have read and understood our current terms, as you will be bound by them whether you use our site as a registered user, guest user or in any other way.
4. Intellectual Property & Copyright
All intellectual property rights in this site are owned by us and any material published on this site is protected by copyright. Any unauthorised use or copying will entitle us to take action as you will be in breach of copyright. You must use any part of this site or its content for commercial use and if you do you will be breaching these terms and conditions. Any breach, will mean we can terminate your use of the site and take legal action.
5. Limited Liability
- Candidates must verify the information provided to them by Employers or provided via our platform including, but not limited to e.g. Company information, job descriptions, and job title, salary, pension schemes, health schemes, company car, holiday entitlement etc. We will not be responsible for the accuracy or availability of any of this information from Employers. We will facilitate requests for this information, if you require us to do so.
- We do not provide a service which includes verification of candidate’s personal information, crb/drb checks, and verification of qualifications, competency/ level of experience, Immigration/Visa status. It is up to Employers to check and verify this information. We will not be responsible for your failure to do so.
- Employer Company and Candidates must verify the information provided to them when engaging with each other for the purpose of employment/recruitment. Highflyers.London is a recruitment platform and provides an opportunity for top employers to engage with top candidates in the financial services sector. You must verify all information provided to you, whether posted via the platform or directly communicated to you thereafter by some other means. This is your responsibility and we accept no responsibility for your failure to do so or incorrect information being given.
- We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information our site, whether you are using our site as a guest or registered user. We are not legally responsible for any loss to you arising from use of our site, Loss of income, profit, business, data, contracts, goodwill or savings. We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statutes. We don’t exclude legal responsibility for death or personal injury owing to our negligence, or legal responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else where exclusion is not allowed by the law.
6. Uploading to highflyers.london
- If you contact other users of our site or upload material to it, you must follow our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out standards for usage. You must not commit any acts which are illegal, defamatory, amount to bullying or harassment or may be otherwise immoral through use of our platform/site. You agree to indemnify us for any actions, costs or expenses we incur as a result of any breach of this term and/or any part of these terms and conditions. Please read our acceptable use policy carefully.
- Employers & Candidates: Any general material that you upload will be regarded as non-confidential and not owned. We can copy it and post it online, in accordance with our ‘go live’ program. You agree that if anyone else claims to own the material, or says that it breaches their rights, we can give them your identity, though we would discuss this with you first. This ‘material’ will usually relate to your resume/CV and/or cover letter or in the case of employers, company or job information.
- Candidates: While we will create a profile for you based on the information that you provide us, it is up to you to ensure that all the information that you provide us with is accurate. We may occasionally send a profile for approval to candidates before it goes live, if deemed necessary. However, if we do not and once we inform you that we have placed your profile live, in accordance, with your application and instructions- it is your responsibility to check that the information on your profile is correct and accurate. We will not identify you on your profile with your name or other personal information. We will only provide this information including your contact details to Employers, when they request and when you have consented to us doing so. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw from the ‘go live’ program, you must inform us immediately in writing by contacting us.
7. Computer Misuse
If you commit any offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, in relation to our site or otherwise, you will no longer have a right to use this site. If we become aware of any illegal activity of this kind, we will report the matter to the appropriate authorities.
You must not make any attempt to attack our site or place any harmful material on our site including viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material. We accept no liability for any harmful material that may affect your device or IT equipment as a result of use of our site.
8. Site Links
- You are prohibited from creating an association with us or other such endorsement without our prior express written consent. However, you may make a link from your Homepage to our site. We will still be able to withdraw consent for you to do so at any time.
- Any links that may be contained on our site to other site is for information purposes only and we are not responsible in any way for any damage or loss that you may suffer, howsoever caused, by use or access of any such site.
9. Registration – Go Live Program.
- When registering for an account you must provide true, accurate and up to date information and inform us immediately of any changes in your registration information, immediately upon any changes occurring. You are responsible for all activity that takes place under your account and we have the right to terminate your registration/account at our discretion, if we believe you have acted illegally, provided false/incorrect or acted or in contravention of these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to reject any registration or application to register an account or terminate /suspend an account, (for Candidates or Employers) in our sole and absolute discretion.
You must not:
- Have more than one registered account with Highflyers.london
- Register an account under a false identity
- Access the site as a registered user using someone else’s registration information/account
- Provide false information to us or to employers in any form
- Candidates can express their interest to register and use our platform by submitting initial basic information. We will then get in touch with you, however, we may also reject your application to use the platform if we consider you are unsuitable (in our sole discretion). If we believe that candidates are suitable (according to our own criteria) for our employers, we will select you and prepare a profile for you based on the information that we request and you provide. We will so far as possible aim to make a fair and true representation of candidate’s profiles, but we accept no responsibility whatsoever, for any inaccuracy. You must check for any inaccuracies and inform us immediately if you believe any part of your profile is incorrect.
- You must provide us with any identifying/evidential documents and information that we request in a timely manner. If you fail to do so, we may suspend your registration or application. Once the profile is ready, we give you a “go-live” date. Your professional profile will then become available to view by employers for a fixed period of time. Employers can then select the candidates they are interested in through the Highflyers platform stating what employment opportunity may be available (upfront). There will be other suitable candidates live on the platform at the same time as you. We cannot give you any information in relation to them or their identity. We will not pass any of your details to other candidates.
- We retain the right to request you (candidates) to review their profiles and remove your profile and suspend your registration in our absolute discretion.
- If you engage with an Employer at negotiation stage, you must respond to any further request for information within 24 hours.
- There will be a registration process for Employer users. You will be required to submit mandatory information about your company and what you require. Highflyers.lodon will get in touch with you and you will be required to provide information in relation to your company including the types of employees that you are seeking, job descriptions, salary and remuneration benefits etc. If we decide (in our absolute discretion) that you are suitable (according to our own criteria) for our candidates, we will accept your registration as a platform user and give you access to our platform. At every candidates’ “go-live” date, employers receive some form of communication from Highflyers informing that a new batch (group) of candidates is available on the platform. Using filters and keywords employers can shortlist their required candidates. As Employer you can then select candidates through the Highflyers platform. Highflyers can informally facilitate the negotiation, if one of the party requests so and with the consent of both parties. However, we will not accept any responsibility, whatsoever, for the content of a final employment agreement/arrangement nor failure to come to an agreement/arrangement.
- If as employer you decide to place an offer for a candidate the candidate accepts it, you will pay a 15% commission on the salary offered to the employee payable in 30 calendar days to Highflyers by bank transfer into highflyers bank account as provided by us.
- Should you fail to pay within the 30 days of the date of our invoice, we will be entitled to charge interest at a rate of 8% above Bank of England base rate from time to time. We shall also be entitled to claim from you, any costs including legal fees incurred by us in recovering payment.
- In case the candidate does not complete 3 months Highflyers will refund the commission paid by you (Employer) pro-rata over 3 months within 90 calendar days.
- You will be responsible for the following, when using our platform and site and engaging with candidates:
- Maintaining complete confidentiality in relation to candidate’s profiles and any other personal information provided to you from to time. Treating and handling such confidential information in the same manner that you would handle your own confidential information and in accordance with Data Protection principles and regulation.
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and professionalism in engaging with candidates
- Keeping highflyers informed at all stages of the negotiation, once an offer has been made to candidates and informing highflyers immediately upon acceptance of an offer by a candidate (including providing highflyers with written confirmation between candidates and employers of an Agreement/Contract of Employment, Acceptance of an offer of employment etc. or other written confirmation of an employment being agreed between the parties.
- Once you are engaging with a candidate and at negotiation stage, you must respond within 24 hours of any request for information.
- 5 It is your responsibility to carry out background checks on Candidates and verify their right to enter employment in the Uk. WE DO NOT CARRY OUT BACKGROUND CHECKS, although we may take into consideration information that is publically available.
10. Notices, Complaints and contacting us
We aim to provide the best possible service to all users of our site, candidates and employers. We aim to work with you to provide you with a first class experience in the use of our site and platform, however, should you have any complaints, comments or feedback, please feel free to contact us at any time by email or by phone on +44 (0)208 133 06 49.
You can send any Notice(s) to us at the following address: Netberg Ltd t/a Highfleyrs, WW4, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London E1 8FA.
11. Data Protection
We process all data strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act (As amended). If we hold personal information about you, this will not be passed to third parties except Employers/candidates where appropriate or relevant, with your prior consent and in accordance with the ‘Go Live’ program, which you are engaged with.
We may pass on your personal information, where we are required to do so by law or public authority.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising from these terms and conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, all communications will be in the English Language and all payments will and must be made in pound (sterling).
You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party without our prior written consent, whether as Candidate or Employer. If the ownership or structure of your company (Employer) changes while you are registered with us, you must inform us immediately.
We may assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at our Discretion and will inform you if we do so.